- Expertly Crafted
- Peace of Mind
If you’re looking for a chilled-out escape away from the city, book a flight to Queenstown, New Zealand. It ticks all the boxes for adventure, stunning scenery, great snow and superb accommodation. So what’s stopping you?
Queenstown is surrounded by picturesque pistes. However, if you’re ready to take it to the next level, try heli-skiing! Not only do you get to ski on pristine snow, you get to admire the beautiful landscapes that roll out before you.
If you can bear to drag yourself away from the slopes, the Queenstown area has a lot to offer. You can start by going back in time and exploring the charming Arrowtown. This former gold mining town, is loved for its quirky ambiance and unique historical heritage.
Then if you didn’t sign up for the heli-skiing you can still enjoy a helicopter ride by taking a tour over the Milford Sound. You can make your trip extra memorable by stopping on a glacier. And if you are still in need of a further adrenalin rush you can hop aboard the Dart River Jet Safari that will take you on a heart-pumping ride along the river.
If you need to calm your nerves after your ride, you can always head to the rugged Kawarau Gorge where you’ll find some of the regions finest vineyards in the Gibbston, Bannockburn and Cromwell regions. Beautiful landscapes and great wine? That’s what we call a great day!
Nothing beats the views of Lake Wakatipu than those from Matakauri Lodge. With its first-rate service and divine cuisine, you’ll find this home away from home hard to leave. Or if you want to enjoy the buzz of Queenstown’s café and restaurant scene, book into Eichardt’s. Choose from their five luxurious suites, their four lakefront apartments or their Residence, a three-bedroom private villa split over three levels with glorious views over Queenstown. Or if you’re looking for something more contemporary choose Azur Luxury Lodge that has nine suites that let you admire the views from your bathtub, private sun deck or directly from your bed. At The Rees, you can go on jet boating excursions from its jetty, or at The Spire you can relax with a post-skiing cocktail on your balcony.
Though it opened its doors in 1976, the menu at The Cow has not changed since. And why should it? Diners love it just the way it is: delicious hand-rolled pizzas, homemade bread, spaghettis and hot soup just coming back for more. While on the other hand Amisfield Winery Bistro keeps diners on their toes by changing the menu daily. Its ‘Trust the Chef’ signature menu is a wonderful shared dining experience and the fact that they have their own winery is a winner too. If you’ve had a hectic day on the slopes and are looking for a little comfort food, warm yourself up by one of the five fireplaces at Botswana Butchery. It will possibly be the best meat you’ve ever had. Another superb steakhouse option for all meat-lovers is Jervois Steak House. Prepare for delicacies such as 150-day grand fed Black Angus or the Jervois cut eye fillet on the bone, farmed on the West Coast. If you can’t wait until you get home, Coronet Peak is home to Heidi’s Hut at Rocky Gully that offers gourmet pizzas, pasta, great coffee and a myriad of other Italian delicacies.
From $10,500 pp
- Hiking in Taroko National Park
- Taking a dip in Taiwan’s famed hot springs
- Experiencing a handful of Taiwan’s iconic night markets – you will not go hungry on this trip!
- Spending a few days in the capital Taipei getting a sense of the island’s unique history
When to go:
From $14,300 pp
- Sail around the Russian High Arctic in luxury with all modern comforts onboard Sea Spirit
- Experience a true expedition cruise to the rarely visited Franz Josef Land archipelago
- Visit a soviet-era research facility, once a base for polar exploration
- Look out for colonies of nesting seabirds on the rugged, steep cliffs of the islands
- Spot polar bears, walrus and endangered bowhead whales around the archipelago
When to go:
From $7,500 pp
- A camping trek through some of the most remote parts of Mongolia, the western Altai Mountains
- Meeting the famed eagle hunters and staying alongside a host family
- Exploring some of the most beautiful parts of Mongolia’s heartland, including the stunning Orkhon Valley
- Spending the night in Mandala Mongolia – the most luxurious and intimate accommodation available in the country
When to go: