- Expertly Crafted
- Peace of Mind
Book: Siem Reap, Cambodia If you want to start your New Year with a wow, watch the sunrise over the UNESCO Heritage Site of Angkor Wat. An early start means that you have the full day to play with so you can go for a bike ride through the ancient city, kick off your shoes and enjoy one of the famed foot massages or learn how to make Cambodian food. Then at the end of the day you can be wowed once more with the high-flying acrobats of Phare Circus.
Stay: Belmond La Residence D’Angkor. Amansara or Phum Baitang.
Chinese New Year, Saturday 25 January – Monday 27 January 2020
Book: Chiang Rai, Thailand If you go into the jungle today you’re sure to be in for a big surprise as at the Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp & Resort in Chiang Rai you can join their protected pachyderms as they take a stroll through the wild. If that’s not close enough you can also stay in the hotel’s new bubble suite and watch the elephants from a giant dome in the forest until the sun goes down.
Good Friday, Friday 10 April 2020
Book: Hoi An, Vietnam. Keep your smartphone handy when you tour the streets of Hoi An. With its ochre-coloured houses, Japanese bridge and winding alleyways set by the river make it an Instagrammer’s dream. If you are looking for culture you can learn how to make lanterns; if you want to burn calories you can go for a bike ride or you can go for a spin along the paddy fields in a Russian sidecar.
Stay: Four Seasons Resort The Nam Hai, Azerai La Residence or Intercontinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort.
Labour Day, 1 May 2020 – Vesak Day, 7 May 2020
Book: Fiji. With two public holidays falling close to one another, you can do an 11-day trip with only four days off work. This means that you have more time to explore some of the 300 islands in the Fijian archipelago. You can visit hideaways such as Malolo Island, Monuriki (where they filmed the movie Castaway) and Navadra (part of the Sacred Islands). You can discover quiet coves, enjoy barbecues on the beach, pull on your snorkel and fins and explore tropical reefs or trek through the lush jungle.
Stay: Kokomo Private Island, Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort or Laucala Island Resort.
Hari Raya Puasa, Monday 24 May
Book: The Maldives If you really want to get away from it all, take a flight to the Maldives. Within this archipelago of glamorous islets you are sure to fine your own patch of powdery soft sand and a swinging hammock. Take a traditional dhoni out at sunset, go diving in the tropical reefs or just relax in your overwater villa and watch the marine life swim underneath your feet.
Stay: Gili Lankanfushi. Cheval Blanc Randheli or Huvafen Fushi.
Hari Raya Haji, Friday 31 July – National Day, Sunday 9 August
Book: Ladakh, India. Two public holidays fall close to one another, so make the most of it! Pull on your hiking boots and head to the wilds of India. Visit the high mountain passes, see the fluttering prayer flags that decorate the Buddhist temples and if you’re lucky you might even spot an elusive snow leopard.
Stay: Chamba Camp.
Christmas Day, Friday 25 December 2020
Book: Langkawi If you are looking for a Christmas Day with a difference, go the island of Langkawi. Go mountain biking through the countryside, enjoy an eagle safari through the mangroves, learn more about batik and if you are running out of time and want to see more take a helicopter tour over the archipelago.
Stay: The Datai Langkawi , Four Seasons Langkawi.
From $10,500 pp
- Hiking in Taroko National Park
- Taking a dip in Taiwan’s famed hot springs
- Experiencing a handful of Taiwan’s iconic night markets – you will not go hungry on this trip!
- Spending a few days in the capital Taipei getting a sense of the island’s unique history
When to go:
From $14,300 pp
- Sail around the Russian High Arctic in luxury with all modern comforts onboard Sea Spirit
- Experience a true expedition cruise to the rarely visited Franz Josef Land archipelago
- Visit a soviet-era research facility, once a base for polar exploration
- Look out for colonies of nesting seabirds on the rugged, steep cliffs of the islands
- Spot polar bears, walrus and endangered bowhead whales around the archipelago
When to go:
From $7,500 pp
- A camping trek through some of the most remote parts of Mongolia, the western Altai Mountains
- Meeting the famed eagle hunters and staying alongside a host family
- Exploring some of the most beautiful parts of Mongolia’s heartland, including the stunning Orkhon Valley
- Spending the night in Mandala Mongolia – the most luxurious and intimate accommodation available in the country
When to go: