- Expertly Crafted
- Peace of Mind
Your grandfather Lars-Eric Lindblad was an entrepreneur and explorer who pioneered tourism to remote parts of the world, including Antarctica. What are your memories of him?
Lars-Eric was one of the most curious and kindest person that I have ever met. He loved travelling the world and meeting new people and experiencing different cultures. He told great stories and had incredible charm.
You must have had an incredible childhood, can you describe it a little bit?
I am fortunate to have two incredibly talented and creative parents who both work in the travel industry. Growing up I was given the opportunity to see the world and experience things that few are able to experience. Holidays were spent either on one of our ships in Baja, Alaska, the Arctic, Europe etc or my mum would organise an incredible month-long stay in Bali or Provence where we would rent a small house and explore our surroundings, see friends and meet new ones.
If you could choose three words to describe Lindblad Expeditions, what would they be?
Thoughtful, purpose, exploration
Which expedition is your favourite?
What's been your most amazing experience when on a cruise.
That’s a tough one….We were on an expedition in 1993 in the Spice Islands of Indonesia with legends like shark expert Ron Taylor and explorer Lawrence Blair when we reached an island that hadn’t seen visitors for many years, if ever! I think I was the first blond person they had ever encountered. We were met with smiling faces, but that quickly turned sour for some religious or political reasons regarding our arrival and we ended up being run off the island by some very angry locals. It was memorable, scary and eye-opening!
An expedition cruise with Lindblad is quite different from your typical big ship cruises. How so?
At the heart of it we operate vessels no larger than 148 guests which means we can reach places that the big ships can’t. So starting off, I believe that we take our guests to less visited places, which typically translates to more pristine and more interesting places. This, coupled with the plethora of knowledge that is on board through our staff, naturalists and global perspective speakers gives our guests an exhilarating adventure, both mentally and physically. We do not provide ‘passive’ travel, we are driven by the desire to create incredible memories for our guests.
From $10,500 pp
- Hiking in Taroko National Park
- Taking a dip in Taiwan’s famed hot springs
- Experiencing a handful of Taiwan’s iconic night markets – you will not go hungry on this trip!
- Spending a few days in the capital Taipei getting a sense of the island’s unique history
When to go:
From $14,300 pp
- Sail around the Russian High Arctic in luxury with all modern comforts onboard Sea Spirit
- Experience a true expedition cruise to the rarely visited Franz Josef Land archipelago
- Visit a soviet-era research facility, once a base for polar exploration
- Look out for colonies of nesting seabirds on the rugged, steep cliffs of the islands
- Spot polar bears, walrus and endangered bowhead whales around the archipelago
When to go:
From $7,500 pp
- A camping trek through some of the most remote parts of Mongolia, the western Altai Mountains
- Meeting the famed eagle hunters and staying alongside a host family
- Exploring some of the most beautiful parts of Mongolia’s heartland, including the stunning Orkhon Valley
- Spending the night in Mandala Mongolia – the most luxurious and intimate accommodation available in the country
When to go: