- Expertly Crafted
- Peace of Mind
Learn to work a lasso like a chagra cowboy then saddle up and ride out across the Ecuadorian countryside. Kids at Hacienda Zuleta can help round up the ranch’s herd of 40 horses, or ride out to a waterfall or through local villages. And they can finish their day munching delicious S’mores around a bonfire.
If your kids spend most of their time glued to their TV screen watching Animal Planet, take them to the Galapagos. Here they can see some of planet Earth’s most unique creatures including blue-footed boobies and giant tortoises. Mum and dad will be pretty impressed too.
Ride North America’s longest zipline, the Sasquatch, through the picturesque ski resort of Whistler. Along the way kids can learn about Canada’s ecology and wildlife before they go for an adrenalin-filled two-kilometre ride through the treetops. You can also ride the zipline at night and enjoy a thrilling ride under the stars.
Who needs to kayak with orcas in Canada when you can be paddling with sea otters in California? These cuddly characters can be found sunning themselves in Morro Bay. They wrap themselves up in kelp to make sure that they can kick back and relax without having to worry about floating away.
Just because you have kids doesn’t mean that you can’t go on an awfully big adventure. Take them to the land of the Incas and enjoy a trek in Peru. Lightfoot Travel can arrange for you and your family to enjoy a leisurely trek between luxurious mountain lodges and even take a trip to see Paddington's cousins — the spectacled bears of Peru.
From $4,500 pp
- The kids will love the experience of sleeping in traditional Mongolian felt tents, or ‘gers’
- Whether it’s horse back riding or walking, get the kids out in nature and being active all throughout this holiday
- Learn about Mongolian culture first hand by staying alongside a nomadic host family, helping them with their daily chores and letting the kids play and interact with the host children
When to go:
From $7,400 pp
- Visit the highlights and pubs in Dublin
- Admire Powerscourt – one of the finest gardens in Europe
- Learn about the crystal producing in Waterford
- Driving through Ireland’s best scenery – Dingle Peninsula, Ring of Kerry, Cliff of Moher
When to go:
From $4,980 pp
- See ancient mummies at the famed Egyptian Museum
- Crawl through the tombs in the Great Pyramid of Cheops
- Go camel riding through the desert
- Sail down the Nile aboard your luxury cruise, with activities for the whole family
- Enjoy relaxation by the Red Sea after plenty of learning and exploration
When to go: