- Expertly Crafted
- Peace of Mind
You’re sure to love this 11 room eco-retreat found in Kigali. Each suite decorated in sustainable teak wood comes with a vaulted ceiling, two private patios (one at the front, one at the rear) and an outdoor rain shower. If this doesn’t make you feel good already, the restaurant serves up organic dishes and you can request bespoke yoga classes.
Tuck into honey bread, banana peanut muffins and sweet potato rolls at the renowned Women’s Bakery. There are now five bakeries scattered throughout the city that are designed to help empower local women and give them a financial boost. Check out the flagship store in Gisementi that also features a café.
Coffee addicts should hot foot it to Questions Café. Not only can you get the perfect java jolt, but you can take part in coffee masterclasses and even join the team when they visit the local coffee farms. Bean to coffee bar indeed.
Abraham Konga Collections
From handmade brass necklaces to gecko covered bowls, if you are looking for the ultimate souvenir visit Abraham Konga Collections.
Haute Baso joins with local artisans to create high quality buys. See traditional skills being used and stories preserved in on-trend pieces.
This dynamic young Rwandan brand fuses traditional craftsmanship and contemporary style. Choose from statement necklaces, woven bags and quirky cushions.
If you are looking for good food and great tunes you should stop by Sundowner. Within this rose-coloured villa you will find the expats of Kigali dancing till dawn.
From $14,300 pp
- Sail around the Russian High Arctic in luxury with all modern comforts onboard Sea Spirit
- Experience a true expedition cruise to the rarely visited Franz Josef Land archipelago
- Visit a soviet-era research facility, once a base for polar exploration
- Look out for colonies of nesting seabirds on the rugged, steep cliffs of the islands
- Spot polar bears, walrus and endangered bowhead whales around the archipelago
When to go:
From $8,500 pp
- Search for polar bears hunting seals in the pack ice on an arctic safari
- Explore historical sites including early whaling camps, trappers’ cabins, deserted coal mining operations, and an abandoned polar research station
- Sea kayaking near tidewater glaciers and icebergs
- Look out for humpback whales from the outdoor decks
- Take advantage of the included photography program and learn alongside the onboard expert
When to go:
From $7,000 pp
- Living alongside a nomadic eagle hunting family and learning about their age-old traditions and ways of life
- Attending the annual Ulgii Eagle Hunting Festival and getting caught up in the excitement of this event which locals spend their lives training for
- Experiencing a less mainstream part of the country and really getting off the beaten track
When to go: