- Expertly Crafted
- Peace of Mind
This is one hotel that you know will come with the Wow factor – particularly, seeing as two of its suites have Wow in their name. If you think that is presumptuous, wait until you walk through the doors of these showstopping suites and are greeted with pre-programmed mood lights, a 55in LED TV and even DJ booth. The rest of the hotel also doesn’t disappoint as even the swimming pool features underwater speakers.
It should be no surprise that the city, which is about to host the world’s most technically advanced Olympics has an equally techy hotel. Not only does The Peninsula Tokyo come with charging pads on the bedside drawers, internet radio with 3,000 stations, skype compatible wireless phones, but it also features nail polish dryers in the bathroom.
This floating hotel, which was once the private charter of an Italian magnet, comes fitted with port to starboard tech. You can get everything you need at the push of a button, including hot water in the shower – a must-have for someone who panics at the sight of mixer taps. You will also find smartphone charging pads on the bedside drawers. When you start cruising on the Aqua Blu through tropical archipelago that is Raja Ampat you will need to keep your smartphone battery charged at all times for obligatory Instagram posts.
This hotel isn’t just beautiful, it’s clever too. For you don’t need to worry about housekeeping disturbing your shut-eye as there on motion sensors on the curtains, which tell housekeeping whether they are opened or closed. If you don’t wish to open your emails while you are travelling, the hotel is also happy to communicate with you over WhatsApp or WeChat.
If you can’t be bothered to get out of bed to open the curtains, don’t worry, you can just set the timer on your iPad control and it will open the blinds in the morning for you. Once you have made your way to breakfast or the beach, if you find that there is something else that you need you can also WhatsApp your butler on the smartphone that you have been provided with. If your kids are at the Kids’ Club and you are feeling guilty for swigging a cocktail whilst reading your book on a lounger, you can also download the CCTV app and check in on their finger-painting in real time.
From $10,500 pp
- Hiking in Taroko National Park
- Taking a dip in Taiwan’s famed hot springs
- Experiencing a handful of Taiwan’s iconic night markets – you will not go hungry on this trip!
- Spending a few days in the capital Taipei getting a sense of the island’s unique history
When to go:
From $3,900 pp
- Learn about the stories of Berlin during different periods
- Admire one of the most beautiful palaces is the world – Sanssouci Palace in Potsdam
- Walk the footsteps of Hitler and examine the rise of the Third Reich
- Visit the Memorial & Museum Sachsenhausen – a former concentration camp
- Travel back to the Cold War era and experience living behind the Iron Curtain
When to go:
From $7,400 pp
- Visit the highlights and pubs in Dublin
- Admire Powerscourt – one of the finest gardens in Europe
- Learn about the crystal producing in Waterford
- Driving through Ireland’s best scenery – Dingle Peninsula, Ring of Kerry, Cliff of Moher
When to go: