- Expertly Crafted
- Peace of Mind
When you have chefs such as Rodolfo Guzman whipping up dishes in the city (his restaurant Borago was named No#2 in Latin America), you know that the dishes won’t disappoint. If you can’t get a table at Borago, check out Liguria that serves reasonably priced Chilean bistro-style fare; and Casaluz Bar & Cocina, which is set in a former Colonial home.
Expect to come home carrying some excess kg, for Santiago serves up some of the tastiest street food around. Get loco for cheese stuffed empanadas, sopaipilla (deep-fried pumpkin dough) and porotos ranados (white bean stew).
Instagram alert! Take a trip to the open air museum – Museo a Cielo Abierto, to see 22 murals for free. Famed Chilean artists Mario Toral and Roberto Matta are just two of the artists who have worked their magic on the buildings.
If you are looking for a fun night out, head to the boho quarter of the city. Loved by tourists and locals alike, the Patio Bellavista enclave, comes alive with live bands, chic restaurants and galleries. If you want to do some sightseeing at the same time, head to Azotea Matilde, a rooftop bar that offers panoramic views of the city.
When it comes to wine Chile is hard to beat. But if you take a seat at the bar or on the terrace of La Mision you will be able to find out for yourself as this hip bar stocks more than 250 wines from across the Americas in its cellar.
Switch the shops for the slopes within 60 minutes – take a day trip to Valle Nevado. You can swoosh down the slopes, then stop for a pisco sour in the mountain restaurant before you leave the Andes behind and go back to the city.
From $10,500 pp
- Hiking in Taroko National Park
- Taking a dip in Taiwan’s famed hot springs
- Experiencing a handful of Taiwan’s iconic night markets – you will not go hungry on this trip!
- Spending a few days in the capital Taipei getting a sense of the island’s unique history
When to go:
From $14,300 pp
- Sail around the Russian High Arctic in luxury with all modern comforts onboard Sea Spirit
- Experience a true expedition cruise to the rarely visited Franz Josef Land archipelago
- Visit a soviet-era research facility, once a base for polar exploration
- Look out for colonies of nesting seabirds on the rugged, steep cliffs of the islands
- Spot polar bears, walrus and endangered bowhead whales around the archipelago
When to go:
From $7,500 pp
- A camping trek through some of the most remote parts of Mongolia, the western Altai Mountains
- Meeting the famed eagle hunters and staying alongside a host family
- Exploring some of the most beautiful parts of Mongolia’s heartland, including the stunning Orkhon Valley
- Spending the night in Mandala Mongolia – the most luxurious and intimate accommodation available in the country
When to go: